Conus moreleti is (very) poisonous and the poison can kill you under circumstances!!!
If you want to keep Conus moreleti, inform yourself about the poison and its effects before buying. Keep a note with the telephone number of the poison emergency call and all necessary information about the animal next to your aquarium so that you can be helped quickly in an emergency.
The telephone numbers of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
This message appears for poisonous, very poisonous and also animals whose poison can kill you immediately. Every human reacts differently to poisons. Please therefore weigh the risk for yourself AND your environment very carefully, and never act lightly!
Conus moreleti Crosse, 1858
Like all species within the genus Conus, Conus moreleti is predatory and venomous.
Conus moreleti is relatively common under rocks or exposed on hard substrates on both lagoon and seaward reefs. Living in exposed habitat in rocky areas usually causes the shell to become encrusted with calcareous algae and other growths, making it hard to recognize. The shell is colored much like Conus lividus and has a coronate spire, but it is considerably narrower in shape. The red animal color is another differentiating feature.
Conus (Virgiconus) moreleti Crosse, 1858· accepted, alternate representation
Conus elongatus Reeve, 1843 (invalid: junior homonym of Conus elongatus Holten, 1802; C. oblitus and C. moreleti are replacement names)
Conus oblitus Reeve, 1849 (invalid: junior homonym of Conus oblitus Michelotti, 1847)
Virgiconus moreleti (Crosse, 1858)