Conus pertusus is (very) poisonous and the poison can kill you under circumstances!!!
If you want to keep Conus pertusus, inform yourself about the poison and its effects before buying. Keep a note with the telephone number of the poison emergency call and all necessary information about the animal next to your aquarium so that you can be helped quickly in an emergency.
The telephone numbers of the poison emergency call can be found here:
Overview Worldwide: eapcct.org
This message appears for poisonous, very poisonous and also animals whose poison can kill you immediately. Every human reacts differently to poisons. Please therefore weigh the risk for yourself AND your environment very carefully, and never act lightly!
Conus pertusus Hwass in Bruguière, 1792
Conus pertusus is a species of predatory sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Conidae, the cone snails. This is a species which is believed to feed mostly on marine molluscs including other cone snail,
The size of an adult Conus pertusus shell varies between 20 mm and 69 mm. The spire is convex, rather obtuse. The body whorl is encircled by distant punctate striae. The colour of the shell is rosy tinged with yellow and interruptedly banded with white blotches below the shoulder and in the middle of the body-whorl.