Hypselodoris maculosa Spotted Hypselodoris
- Hypselodoris maculosa
- Gepunktete Prachtsternschnecke
- Spotted Hypselodoris
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Nudibranchia (Order) > Chromodorididae (Family) > Hypselodoris (Genus) > maculosa (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Pease, ), 1871
- Australia, Bunaken, Great Barrier Reef, Guam, India, Indian Ocean, Indonesia, Japan, Java, Kenya, Lembeh Strait, Madagascar, Malaysia, Myanmar, Northern Mariana Islands, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Raja Amat, Red Sea, Réunion , Sri Lanka, Sulawesi, Taiwan, Thailand, the Andaman Sea, the Nicobar Islands, the Seychelles, Timor, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- up to 1.97" (5 cm)
- 73.4 °F - 82.4 °F (23°C - 28°C)
- Food specialist, Sponges
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2005-02-08 21:13:49
- 2007-05-09 22:32:43
Hypselodoris maculosa (Pease, 1871)
The mantle colour of is a pale milky orange-brown. On the central part of body are four white lines.The colour pattern is variable.
Hypselodoris maculosa feeds exclusively on yellow sponges from the genus Euryspongia.
Very similar to Hypselodoris decorata and with the year 2018 new descibed Hypselodoris juniperae.
Chromodoris decorata Risbec, 1928
Chromodoris maculosa Pease, 1871 (original combination)
Glossodoris decorata (Risbec, 1928)
Hypselodoris cuis Er. Marcus, 1965
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.