Atagema spongiosa Sponge Atagema
Atagema spongiosais commonly referred to as Sponge Atagema. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for aquarium keeping. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Atagema spongiosa
- Sponge Atagema
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Nudibranchia (Order) > Discodorididae (Family) > Atagema (Genus) > spongiosa (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Kelaart, ), 1858
- Corea, Indo Pacific, Israel, Philippines, Singapore, Tasman Sea, Timor Sea, Western Pacific Ocean
- Sea depth:
- - 20 Meter
- 2.36" - 7.87" (6cm - 20cm)
- 71.6 °F - 80.6 °F (22°C - 27°C)
- Food specialist, Sponges
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2014-04-18 16:53:49
- 2020-06-14 17:59:06
Atagema spongiosa (Kelaart, 1858)
This species has a sponge-like appearance. Atagema spongiosa is greenish-brown or dark reddish-brown in colour.It grows up to 18 cm in length.Atagema spongiosa exclusively feeds on sponges.
Atagema spongiosa formerly known as Trippa spongiosa.
Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Heterobranchia (Subclass) > Opisthobranchia (Infraclass) > Nudibranchia (Order) > Euctenidiacea (Suborder) > Doridacea (Infraorder) > Doridoidea (Superfamily) > Discodorididae (Family) > Atagema (Genus)
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.