Ophioblennius macclurei Redlip blenny
Ophioblennius macclureiis commonly referred to as Redlip blenny. Difficulty in the aquarium: Average. A aquarium size of at least 500 Liter is recommended. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Ophioblennius macclurei
- Rotlippen Blenny
- Redlip Blenny
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Blenniidae (Family) > Ophioblennius (Genus) > macclurei (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Silvester, ), 1915
- Barbados, Guadeloupe, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Gulf of Mexico, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico (East Pacific), Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin / Sint Maarten, The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Cayman Islands, the Netherlands Antilles, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States Minor Outlying Islands, USA, Venezuela, Virgin Islands, U.S., West-Atlantic Ocean
- Sea depth:
- 0,3 - 183 Meter
- 4.72" - 5.12" (12cm - 13cm)
- 68 °F - 27,6 °F (20°C - 27,6°C)
- Algae, Clam meat, Flakes, Invertebrates, Pellets, Red slime algae
- 109.99 gal (~ 500L)
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2012-10-15 13:30:00
- 2020-01-29 21:33:07
Western Central Atlantic: North Carolina, USA and Bermuda southward to Brazil, including the western Gulf of Mexico and the Antilles.
Inhabits shallow, clear waters with coral or rock bottoms.
Territorial.Oviparous. Eggs are demersal and adhesive.
Ophioblennius atlanticus macclurei (Silvester, 1915)
Rupiscartes macclurei Silvester, 1915
Husbandry know-how of owners