Rapipontonia galene Hydroid Shrimp
Rapipontonia galeneis commonly referred to as Hydroid Shrimp. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for aquarium keeping. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Rapipontonia galene
- Hydroid Shrimp
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Arthropoda (Phylum) > Malacostraca (Class) > Decapoda (Order) > Palaemonidae (Family) > Rapipontonia (Genus) > galene (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Holthuis, ), 1952
- Australia, Hawaii, Indian Ocean, Indo Pacific, Kenya, Mayotte, Queensland (Australia), Red Sea, Tansania, the Seychelles
- Sea depth:
- - 8 Meter
- 0.39" - 0.79" (1,2cm - 2,0cm)
- °F - 82.4 °F (°C - 28°C)
- No reliable information available
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2008-08-12 21:32:38
- 2021-03-13 12:34:42
Rapipontonia galene Holthuis, 1952
Rapipontonia galene common on the 'fire weed' hydroid Aglaophenia cupressima Lamoureux and Pennaria disticha, in fringing lagoons and patch reefs.
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.