Heliacus variegatus Depressed Sundial, Variegated Sundial, Zoa eating snail
Heliacus variegatusis commonly referred to as Depressed Sundial, Variegated Sundial, Zoa eating snail. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for aquarium keeping. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Heliacus variegatus
- Variable Sonnenuhr, Verschiedenfarbige Sonnenuhrschnecke
- Depressed Sundial, Variegated Sundial, Zoa Eating Snail
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Not assigned (Order) > Architectonicidae (Family) > Heliacus (Genus) > variegatus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Gmelin, ), 1791
- Bali, Egypt, Indian Ocean, Indonesia, Madagascar, Marquesas Islands, Marschall Islands, Mauritius, New Zealand, Red Sea, South-Africa, Tansania
- Sea depth:
- 14 - 33 Meter
- 0" - 0.79" (0,6cm - 2,5cm)
- °F - 82.4 °F (°C - 28°C)
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2019-10-23 19:44:22
- 2021-02-01 20:06:19
Heliacus variegatus (Gmelin, 1791)
Heliacus variegatus is usually found associated with subtidal zoanthids, probably Zoanthus sp.
Commonly known as The Sundial. Have cone shaped operculum.
Heliacus (Heliacus) variegatus (Gmelin, 1791)· accepted, alternate representation
Solarium (Torinia) perspectiviunculus (Dillwyn, 1817)
Solarium (Torinia) perspectiviunculus var. planulata Hanley, 1863
Solarium perspectiviunculum (Dillwyn, 1817)
Solarium perspectiviunculum var. depressum Philippi, 1853 (junior homonym)
Solarium perspectiviunculum var. planulatum Hanley, 1863
Torinia gyrus depressiuscula Bayer, 1948
Torinia rosae Selli, 1973 †
Torinia variegata (Gmelin, 1791)
Trochus perspectiviunculus Dillwyn, 1817
Trochus variegatus Gmelin, 1791
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.