Callistoctopus ornatus White-Striped Octopus, Ornate Octopus
Callistoctopus ornatusis commonly referred to as White-Striped Octopus, Ornate Octopus. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for home aquaria!. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Callistoctopus ornatus
- Weißstreifen Oktopus
- White-Striped Octopus, Ornate Octopus
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Cephalopoda (Class) > Octopoda (Order) > Octopodidae (Family) > Callistoctopus (Genus) > ornatus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Gould, ), 1852
- Djibouti, Sudan, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate, Kuwait, Eritrea, American Samoa, Austral Islands, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Christmas Islands, Comores, Cook Islands, Coral sea, East Africa, Easter Island (Rapa Nui), Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, Gambier Islands, Glorieuses or Glorioso Islands , Great Barrier Reef, Guam, Gulf of Oman / Oman, Hawaii, India, Indian Ocean, Indo Pacific, Irak, Iran, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Juan de Nova Island , Kenya, Kiribati, Madagascar, Malaysia, Marquesas Islands, Marschall Islands, Mauritius, Mayotte, Micronesia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, New South Wales (Australia), Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Quatar, Queensland (Australia), Red Sea, Réunion , Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South-Africa, South-Pazific, Taiwan, Tansania, Tasman Sea, Thailand, the Andaman Sea, The Chagos Archipelago (the Chagos Islands), the Cocos Islands / Keeling Islands, the Seychelles, the Society Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuamoto Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wake Atoll, Wallis and Futuna, Western Australia, Western Indian Ocean, Yemen, Zanzibar
- Sea depth:
- 0 - 10 Meter
- 39.37" - 78.74" (100cm - 200cm)
- 3 kg
- 75.74 °F - 84.74 °F (24.3°C - 29.3°C)
- Carnivore, Clams, Crabs, Crustaceans, Edible crab, Living Food, Predatory, Rock lobster, Snails
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2021-02-07 15:54:22
- 2021-10-19 10:01:13
Callistoctopus ornatus (Gould, 1852)
Similar to Callistoctopus macropus (white spotted octopus). Callistoctopus ornatus differ by white stripes.
Callistoctopus arakawai Taki, 1964 (synonym)
Octopus ornatus Gould, 1852 (original combination)
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.