Philinopsis pilsbryi Pilsbryi's Headshield Slug
Philinopsis pilsbryiis commonly referred to as Pilsbryi's Headshield Slug. Difficulty in the aquarium: Not suitable for aquarium keeping. Toxicity: Toxic hazard unknown.
- Philinopsis pilsbryi
- Pilsbryis Kopfschildschnecke
- Pilsbryi's Headshield Slug
- Headshield slugs
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Cephalaspidea (Order) > Aglajidae (Family) > Philinopsis (Genus) > pilsbryi (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Eliot, ), 1900
- Australia, Great Barrier Reef, Hawaii, Indonesia, Malaysia, Marschall Islands, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands, Sulawesi
- Sea depth:
- 0.98" - 3.94" (2.5cm - 10cm)
- 71.6 °F - 80.6 °F (22°C - 27°C)
- Turbellaria ("Planaria"), Worms
- Not suitable for aquarium keeping
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- More related species
in this lexicon:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2013-04-17 18:39:16
- 2019-09-20 10:24:27
The seaslug is not a nudibranch but a headshield slugs!
Food: It feeds on other invertebrates that produce toxins for their own protection, flatworms and polychaetes worms.
Depth: 10 - 20 meters
Synonym: Philinopsis nigra Pease, 1860 (potentially nomen oblitum)
Classification: Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Heterobranchia (Subclass) > Opisthobranchia (Infraclass) > Cephalaspidea (Order) > Philinoidea (Superfamily) > Aglajidae (Family) > Philinopsis (Genus)
Husbandry know-how of owners
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.